Saturday 9 March 2013

Little Missy Looks For A Home
Palo Alto, California, Sometime Before Daylight Savings
March 9, 2013
 
                        Little Missy at Cocomaya, photographed in 2012 by Frederic Aranda


Whoever said it would be easy?  Not Little Missy!  We just make it LOOK easy!  Good hair day?  Snap!  New dress for the museum opening?  Snap! Drive up to the city in the rain? Snap!  Look good in the photographs?  Done done and done!   Oh my.  Home now for a while after my world wind Kidnap Capital World Tour (see blog)!  It's a little...dull around here.  Throw the dart and let's see where it lands.  I hope LA, NY or LONDON!  Let's dream about moving to LONDON.

1. Marylebone--my most favourite neighbourhood ever.  It even feels right to walk alone at midnight or six in the morning.  And at six in the morning, you should see the trash on the street.  I mean trash as in refuse.  Entire brand new floral arrangements. Unused sports equipment like tennis rackets and golf balls.  After New Years, entire Christmas trees with fabulous ornaments. Right on Great Cumberland Street (where Madonna had a house)!  It's a great place, near Hyde Park, Paddington Station (for Heathrow Express, a revelation) Selfridge's, Vivienne Westwood and Claridge's.  My Thai meditation healer lives here. Should be a no-brainer, but then there's

2. Marble Arch--Cocomaya is here, the cafe where I conduct most of my business in London.  And several photo shoots.  By Walid is also here.  But you can buy Walid at Barney's in NY!  I prefer his London atelier.  Bet you would, too.  Also close to Hyde Park, movie theatres, and if you like hummus, you have arrived!  This is home to thousands of Arabic expats.  Hookahs galore!  And lots of Louboutins and Jimmy Choos peeking out from under those abayas! (see Kidnap Capital World Tour Day Thirteen).  Which you don't want to wear unless you have to!  That is if you have to go to Saudi Arabia!  So let Little Missy give you a timely tip--don't go!  Marble Arch is all the flavor of that neck of the woods you need.  Then there's

Warren Zevon, the best ever songwriter
 
3. Mayfair--backdrop of my favourite song ever, Werewolves of London by Warren Zevon.  Claridge's...Bond Street...South Molton Street where Diana's ghost still haunts me..again, Vivienne Westwood, my home away from home..and the FedEx drop off, where Jim always asks me what exhibitions I've see...because I'm always shipping heavy museum catalogues..and lighter than air Vivienne Westwood accessories!
                                                         Vivienne Westwood Heart

London---what a town!  It's the most fabulous city in the world.  Bar none. But the weather! I can't even stand San Francisco's weather!  How could I take London's? It's a dilemma! The arts in London.  Check.  Music. Check.  Fashion.  Check twice!  Good looking men.  Check.  Holistic health services. Check.  Hair and beauty. Check. Let's see.  San Francisco?  No checks.  And if fog is romance, romance is overrated!  But maybe a foggy day in Londontown is still preferable to a foggy day in San Francisco?  But I have lived in Northern California forever!  But I don't feel like this is my home.  Home is where the heart is.  Where is my heart?  Where is my home?
Next blog:
LA, The Pros and Cons
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learning About Fashion Rodarte Spring Summer 2011, photographed at Stanford University for Electric Fashion, the book I wrote with F...