Friday 17 May 2013

A Million Splashes!
 

 Little Missy received a compliment at The Cinderella Gala in San Francisco earlier this month.  "You look as though you have been drinking from the Fountain of Youth", an acquaintance remarked. I looked both ways before I realised she was speaking to me. Of course it is very flattering to hear that kind of thing but then of course it got me thinking about the role water has played in my regime for most of my life. In Little Missy's Health and Beauty Tips for Men and Women posted on  March 29th of this year, I suggest swimming as an exercise for fitness and health.  There is something soothing about water, as most of us know.  And swimming promotes a sense of well-being, as well as a smooth and toned body.  Just look at the Olympic swimmers.  Aren't they just about perfect looking?  What about that Missy Franklin, who captured Prince Harry's attention earlier this week?  "I just feel like a dolphin," says Missy Franklin about her swimming. Well, this Missy agrees!  Now go capture the Prince's heart, Missy Franklin, and you will be a Missy after Little Missy's own heart!
 Many years ago when I was fifteen I decided randomly to splash my face thirty times with water each morning and evening and I have not diverted  from this routine since.  Please don't do the math--I have done it for you!  It adds up to over one million splashes since I was fifteen! And no face lifts!  What does that tell you, my friends?  To continue with that trend, in my late twenties, I became sick from high levels of bad bacteria in the drinking water (documented a day after my illness in the much missed Palo Alto Times).  As a marathon trainer (yes, Little Missy was quite the athletic and sporty type for many years) I used to drink tap water by the gallons until my water poisoning.  I switched to Evian water and I have never looked back.  My favourite Evian bottle was the one Christian Lacroix designed, but Lagerfeld, Issey Miyake, Paul Smith and other fashion greats have contributed to the brand.

 
 
 
 
Christian Lacroix designed Evian bottle 

 
 
 
 
 
My wonderful friend from Istanbul, Sedef, who went to Stanford University with my daughter Lexi, introduced me to Dr. Perricone's Skin & Total Body Vitamins.  I have been faithful to them for nearly a decade now, and I can say that probably they have contributed as much as anything to my immune system staying on track during my blitzes around the world, Europe, the States and so on.  You just can't beat fish oil, and although it sounds a little repellent, it works.  I believe it is also called Omega Three, and that sounds better.  It may have even contributed to my personal "Fountain of Youth".  The key is to become dedicated to a good program.
 
 
 
Dr. Perricone Skin & Total Body Vitamins 
 
Raspberries, blueberries and blackberries
 
 
I think all of us know to eat seasonal fruit, and I am getting excited because my favourite season is fast approaching, and that means berries, plums, peaches and apricots.  Yes, berries and stone fruits!  Don't miss this season because it comes and goes in the blink of an eye, and not only is it food of the Gods it is good for you!
Peonies
 
Try to have fresh flowers around you.  It is always a lift.  Lilac season has already left us but peonies are still in the market and if you have a real green thumb, in your garden!  Little Missy is waiting for her rose tree, which is coming down from Canada next month.  Why it is coming from Canada is a mystery to me, but that is where it is coming from and I must simply be patient and wait for it.
 
Succulents
 
Succulents are great for those of us who have no patience.  They have never been more chic on the table, and you can find them in nurseries and create your own little landscape!
 
 
 
 
Finally, good quality Turkish bath towels are beyond divine.  They are a necessity! At the end of a long day, what better luxury is there in the world than a warm shower or bath and then wrapping one's self in an over sized terry cloth towel?
 

Turkish Bath Towels
 
Well, Little Missy has just shared with you her personal Fountain of Youth regimes and favourites.  Of course some of them go back quite a way.  I really do recommend the thirty splashes morning and night.  It's never too late to turn back the hands of time, and what better time to do it that than now!  Have a wonderful weekend, exercise and see art and be happy.  In the moment as always and embracing the now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Learning About Fashion Rodarte Spring Summer 2011, photographed at Stanford University for Electric Fashion, the book I wrote with F...