Friday 31 May 2013

31 May 2013
You Can't Go Home Again

Little Missy awoke with an epiphany!  Let's Go Home!  Let's leave Silicon Valley! Anything broken can be fixed if I return to where I grew up!  Nestled between my elementary school and my high school lies the house of my dreams, a "Georgian manor" from 1912.  I didn't know it was the house of my dreams until I saw it again this morning.  I have vague (vague, not Vogue) recollections of walking by it on my way to my ballet classes a long time ago.  Today it had a "For Sale" sign by the mailbox and I called my agent. Little Missy is feeling very combative about Silicon Valley, wants to return to childhood.  This Georgian manor is a stone's throw from the house where I grew up (vowing never to return). It isn't blah blah blah about Internet connectivity and it's a shorter commute to San Francisco! In other words, everything I could possibly want this morning!  Already making plans to thin out the jungle in the front to showcase the mature oaks and palms, I learn it has been sold!  99% for certain!  Someone just forgot to take the for sale sign away!  Whoever bought it cannot possibly love it more than I would love it.  But thank goodness they bought it or else I would have and that would have been a big mistake!  Maybe!  Who knows?


Point A to Point B and Somewhere In Between
 
Little Missy has a tip!  When you get down, don't think that moving back in time is going to chase away the blues!  It will probably accelerate them!  We have to live in the moment, even if it means feeling a little sad sometimes.  We have to move forward, even with all our challenges.  So I flirted a little with the past! Now it's done, and I will be having dinner on University Avenue in Palo Alto tonight with a friend and hearing blah blah blah all around us about the same old marvellous high tech that has been rocking our universe for forty years!
 


 Rock your night in Palo Alto in this little Rodarte number and watch the silicon chips slip
 
Well, that's it my friends. Live and love in the moment, forwards, not backwards! The moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learning About Fashion Rodarte Spring Summer 2011, photographed at Stanford University for Electric Fashion, the book I wrote with F...