Thursday 27 June 2019

Little Missy's Trip Across the World!
NYC-London-Marrakech-Abu Dhabi-London-Scotland

It started in New York City, although this photo of Kate and Laura Mulleavy and me is at the Brooklyn Museum after the CFDA Awards Dinner (Council of Fashion Designers of America).  They should have won in their category, Best Women's Wear, but never mind, they have so much going on right now, and their shows are always voted number one by Vogue Magazine.

Then I flew to London for the day and discovered this Mecca for Instagrammers called Peggy Porschen Cakes.  After spending a forgettable night at Gatwick Airport I flew to Marrakech for JC and Brent's wedding!
There are dozens of photos I could post of this beautiful city and the beautiful wedding I attended, but we'll leave it here for now with the fountain of the beautiful Riad El Fenn.  Madonna had just checked out and our wedding party checked in!  Orange groves, lavender, hammams, a beautiful wedding, perfect weather.  But I had to tear myself away in less then 48 hours because I had to catch a flight to Casablanca to fly on to Abu Dhabi where my kids and grandchildren live!
Travelers' Alert:  Casablanca is kind of sketchy if you are a single woman.  Like they asked why I was travelling alone and that kind of thing!  Airport officials took my passport away for about 15 minutes for reasons I didn't understand. But I made it to Abu Dhabi!
All the perfumes of Arabia, and here is a selection from my favourite store in Abu Dhabi, Villa 515.  The Arabs love their perfumes, and as it is generally "105 degrees Fahrenheit but feels like 123 degrees", perfume is certainly refreshing.  None of this California "I'm allergic to scent" in Abu Dhabi.  Men and women alike adore their colognes.
Here is the beautiful skyline of Abu Dhabi as seen from The Emirates Palace Hotel.  A brilliant trans activist in San Francisco likened it to phallic symbols and said, "This is the moment for women".  I agree with her.  I also think this is a gorgeous skyline, And I'm sorry for my old fashioned friends who think it's awful and that San Francisco is headed in this direction.  San Francisco has a lot of catching up to do to even imitate a small part of this genius skyline.  So don't worry, old school San Franciscans!  This won't happen in your lifetimes!  Sadly!!!

Here's me at a Philippines seafood restaurant in Abu Dhabi having an Anthony Bourdain moment in his honor, eating rice and seafood without benefit of plates or cutlery!

Moving back to London, here is my favourite dress from the V&A exhibition, Christian Dior: Designer of Dreams.  It's by Galliano (1999) and up there with the Junon dress from 1949.

Then I found myself in Scotland and fell madly in love with the entire country.  I will show only two images. The first is Hopetoun House, where Adrian Hope, fourth Marquess of Linlithgow gave a very personal tour of his childhood home.
Lastly, I want to show the rustic appeal of Hospitalfield, an arts institute in on ancient site with a view of the North Sea.  I could go on and on with images from artists, collectors and artisans I visited, but this gives you an idea of the varied itinerary I had this past month!
Just stay organized and keep to your schedule and you can do it too!  You might get a little tired sometimes...that is the only drawback.  Four continents in 22 days!  Not bad!  Not bad at all.
Hoping your summers are off to a roaring start!  HAPPY PRIDE WEEKEND!
Love, Little Missy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learning About Fashion Rodarte Spring Summer 2011, photographed at Stanford University for Electric Fashion, the book I wrote with F...