Tuesday 8 January 2019



How to Combat a  Cold Virus 
The Little Missy Way!

Have internal monologues about Life With Beauty
Here we have Natasja Sadi's Cake Atelier Amsterdam floral arrangement and Victoire de Castellane's jewels for Dior.


Caviar Wishes and Champagne Dreams
For those of us old enough to remember "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" presented by the rather endearing late Robin Leach, it can be comforting to return to the 80s and 90s when things 
seemed easier but actually weren't.  Little Missy was no fan of typewriters and too lazy to learn how to use the most rudimentary computer, so I wrote by hand eight novels, two of which were published. No cell phones either, so we were forced to actually look at other people and have conversations.


New Orleans
I know I published this photo in my last Little Missy but I'm under the weather and wish we could be back in New Orleans, which has the best coffee outside my own kitchen.  I finally found a city that uniformly knows how to make real coffee.  The native New Orleanians, once they found out I was from Silicon Valley, confessed to being backwards technologically.  Funnily enough, I didn't notice any backwardness at all, I was so happy to be there.


January, 2001 before the world started to go really crazy
Yes, it's Little Missy dressed in on aura tout vu during my Fashionlines.com period, when I was spending a lot of time in Paris and had access to the best hairdressers and makeup artists in the world.
The hair and makeup is the work of Ronaldo Escobar from Brazil.  I understand the photographer vanished back to his father's rice business after family pressure to leave the Paris fashion world.

'"No Good Deed Goes Unpunished" by Frederic Aranda
Happily, Freddie didn't vanish, and as his speciality is group portraits, this photograph with him in it is extra special!
Home Sweet Home
When it's all said and done, if I must be sick, at least I'm at home with my linens and pillows and scented candles and books.


Although it looks more like this because it's raining.

Christmas Amaryllis
It's a sign that everything will be OK.  My amaryllis decided to bloom yesterday!
Wishing everyone all the best in 2019, or as Robin Leach would have said,
"Champagne wishes and caviar dreams"!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Learning About Fashion Rodarte Spring Summer 2011, photographed at Stanford University for Electric Fashion, the book I wrote with F...