Monday 22 October 2018

Bruce Turns Sixty (But He Looks Fifty)!

What do you give the man, who seemingly has been gifted with with every possible talent, for his 60th birthday?  He's a particle physicist.  He's a classical pianist.  He plays harmonica in a band.  He backpacks with an ice axe for ten days at a time (Good God, an ice axe and not with me)! As my daughter says, "And don't tell me, he writes poetry and volunteers to fight fires.  Of course he does"!

Well, you give him a party.  He wanted it at Seascape Resort in Aptos near where he works at UC Santa Cruz and lives nearby.
Seascape Resort view by day

Seascape Resort at night

Bruce's table flowers (selected by me from Bonny Doon Florist in Santa Cruz).
I had nothing to do with the next three images

He requested German Chocolate Cake from the Buttery, his favorite bakery in Santa Cruz.
So forty of his nearest and dearest are coming to Aptos to celebrate a wonderful guy's big 6-0.  We'll have an open bar, beautiful sunset and a lovely dinner in a special room. Funnily enough, Bruce specified no music.  So ok, no music!

Happy Birthday, Bruce!  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learning About Fashion Rodarte Spring Summer 2011, photographed at Stanford University for Electric Fashion, the book I wrote with F...