Wednesday 30 December 2015

Little Missy's Big Year
The Agony and the Ecstasy!
Little Missy's Favorite Moments of 2015

Mom and Dad had just passed away within a couple of months of each other this year and a week after Mom died I was supposed to go to New York to the Met Ball. And then a week after that to London to the Victoria and Albert Museum for Frederic Aranda's and my Electric Fashion book launch.  I was thinking Oh my God I can't do this.  But anyway I did, and at the Met Ball there was Anne Hathaway and George and Amal Clooney and Katie Couric and Marissa Mayer and Zach Bogue and they were really nice.  At the end of the Gala, I saw the Voguettes, the young women who work (slave is more like it) at Vogue (much like Anne Hathaway in 'The Devil Wears Prada') and I thought, "These are my kind of girls, and I would rather have my picture taken with them than with any movie star!" This is Little Missy's first favourite picture of 2015.


So there I was in London at the V&A the following week with Freddie and my daughter Alexandra, her husband David and granddaughter Isold and all our wonderful friends who had flown out from as far as San Francisco and Japan and Hong Kong for our Electric Fashion book debut.  I was in a daze, not over the shock of my parents' passing, but I had remembered the skimpy dresses worn by Beyonce, Kim Kardashian and Jennifer Lopez at the Met Gala and I was thinking HOW TACKY!!!  I WOULD NEVER DRESS LIKE THAT!!!  I had really just thrown the dress Rodarte made me for the opening into my suitcase without trying it on first.  That is how much I trust Rodarte.  All Little Missy can say is Never Say Never, because while more TASTEFUL (bien sur, this is Rodarte and Little Missy), this sure was a skimpy little frock!  I like this photo, it was in Women's Wear Daily and it went out all over the world!


Here is Freddie at the controls of Michelle Hill's plane somewhere overhead Sacramento this summer.  California was raging with wildfires and drought and I remember thinking "We're going to go down into a wildfire"!  Freddie, please keep your day job.  But I love this picture!

Here is my daughter Lexi, my son Michael and me in Nantucket this summer.  I loved being with my family on that beautiful island.

Isold, my granddaughter showed early fashion flair in Nantucket.  I love this picture more than I can say.

Finally, here is a picture of Freddie and me at Modern Art Council and SFMOMA's tribute dinner for Annie Leibovitz.  Annie, we get it!  Family first, then art!

Lots of love from Little Missy to all my readers and all the best in 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learning About Fashion Rodarte Spring Summer 2011, photographed at Stanford University for Electric Fashion, the book I wrote with F...