Sunday 29 March 2015

Little Missy Makes It Into The Daily Mail

or

Fashion Royalty and The Holy Grail!

Little Missy does not need anyone telling her she's fashion royalty.  But the thought of that particular phrase in conjunction with my name on the pages of my favourite addiction, The Daily Mail gives a peculiar and not exactly un-delicious sensation.
Neiman Marcus Fashion Director Ken Downing doesn't need to hear he's Fashion Royalty, either.

Still it's nice, coming from the wonderfully witty Daily Mail, Little Missy's online love affair.  Where else can I know I will find out in less than a second whatever happened to Demi Moore? (Hollywood Royalty)   The new betting odds on the gender of next Royal child? (Royal Royalty)  Diana Ross's birthday bash? (Rock Royalty) I have long since stopped apologising for my loyalty to this publication.  I understand Princess Diana enjoyed it.  Royalty has loyalty.  And what do I owe my inclusion into my favourite and beloved Daily Mail?  Let Little Missy tell you how:  a Hollywood starlet showed up to a lovely San Francisco gala I attended this weekend in a gown with a plunging neckline, analysed by the DM (that's what we aficionados call the Daily Mail) as an attempt to win back her husband, who has abandoned her. If the husband has any feeling for this poor girl, the DM certainly aided and abetted what they believe to be her cause.  There are a dozen pictures of her!  It was the story.  Don't you love publications that figure everything out for you so that you don't have to think so hard? Hand it to me on a silver platter, for goodness sake!  Little Missy confesses, she did not even SEE the starlet in the plunging neckline, so I am happy to be caught up to speed on the details of the gala.

Now I want to show you a couple of French fashion directions shown this past month in Paris that I'm crazy about

 Blue Velvet at Givenchy
Fringe at Lanvin
Get some fringe and some velvet and you are set!

Now for Little Missy's hand bag pick of the season---Spring and Summer that is:
The Saint Laurent fringed bucket bag in black calf.
Don't buy into that suede stuff.  Get it in black calf.  You'll be a lot happier in the end and this bag will go with everything you have and say Boho without saying hippie (the worst)!
Happy Spring, dear readers! Revel in the glory of the more gentle breeze.



6 comments:

  1. As a loyal reader of the DM I somehow missed that! Never mind the lovelorn, Daily Mail, I would love to have seen what *you* were wearing on their pages. The frock above? Gorgeous. And there's nothing like an exquisite pair of gloves.

    The velvet is luscious. Now I know to add fringe. Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to add, I pre-saled your beautiful new book via Amazon. Very excited to receive it next month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just finished reading Electric Fashion! I was surprised to be so moved by it, but the combination of text, the Fashionlines quotes, and your exquisite collection was overwhelming. The Chanel blouse/floral headdress, Vivienne Westwood Met Gala gown, and Rodarte 2011 Stanford gown are my favorites, though everything from on aura tout vu is out of this world. Loved how you showed details of the garments. Congratulations to you and Frederic. I will treasure this. Queen Celeste

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! Freddie and I appreciate your thoughtful comments! on aura tout vu are very delighted to read this as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! Freddie and I appreciate your thoughtful comments! on aura tout vu are very delighted to read this as well!

    ReplyDelete

Learning About Fashion Rodarte Spring Summer 2011, photographed at Stanford University for Electric Fashion, the book I wrote with F...