Saturday 20 April 2013

20 April 2013

Let's Gossip!  Belle of the Ball Meets the New Girls in Town!
                                              Where are you Yves?  I miss you so much

This past week I had the pleasure of hearing a great discussion between Randi Zuckerberg and Christine Martinez, two of the most prominent Silicon Valley women I have recently met.  Randi probably needs little introduction--she is the glamorous slightly older sister of Mark.  Believe me, she's not wearing any hoodie.  She thinks people in Palo Alto look homeless!  And of course Little Missy agrees!  Randi and I go to the same hair salon and she admired my Stella McCartney bag so much she got one for her mom, Karen.
                                                        I hope this isn't a Mom Bag!

Little Missy is always flattered when others like my stuff, especially taste makers like Randi Zuckerberg.  She sure got all the glamour and charisma in that family, and she enjoys pretty clothes, like long black gowns that show off her figure and flowing black hair.  And I know all about her hair because I watch her getting it blown out and I would just like to have a tenth of it. She is stunning and it doesn't really matter what she does as far as I'm concerned because she is doing the most important thing in my neighbourhood, that is to say rocking the good looks and keeping up the standard!  Actually Randi has a social media group called  RtoZ Media and she is coming out with a new book in November.  Plus she has a young son!  Talk about a Virtual Powerhouse!  Then there's Christine Martinez. Believe me,  Little Missy really admires this Virtual Woman!  She is the Queen of Pinterest!  I guess that means she's learned how to make money doing the stuff I do to while the time away!  And she was wearing white and silver sequin trousers and really rocking them!  She has the most followers ever on Pinterest and it's her job to create boards for her followers to enjoy!  Nice work if you can get it!  And these girls are so down to earth!  Kind of!  I mean they didn't strike me as too demanding or nutty or anything. Pretty normal.  They both spend all their time on line and advise not taking a long distance phone plan when travelling so you can be cut off and get back to yourself.  And Randi loves apps.  But Christine doesn't.  But that's because Christine doesn't have kids (yet, she says).  Because Randi says that when your toddler is screaming on the plane, you will do anything to quiet him or her, and that involves buying an app.  In the old days a million years ago in the eighties, we just had to suck it up!  Little Missy is here to say sucking it up is overrated!  Bring on those toddler approved apps!

Of course Little Missy loves these new Virtual Women!  That's because I have BEEN one, since back in the seventies.  Hello!  Imagine Little Missy watched tournaments against Belle, the early computer chess program produced by Bell Labs!  I even had a little pre-laptop chess board for a few nights in my New York apartment!  Now I'm hearing about people playing Scrabble on Facebook. That's not geeky!  That's dorky!  Even though I love my Scrabble friends!  They just didn't know Belle!  Little Missy was into Punk AND Geek!  What a combo!  Still going strong!  Good call someone!  Just lucky to have been in the moment.  YSL, computer chess and the Ramones! Little Missy dreams that Yves Saint Laurent comes back to life as himself in 1975 and he gives me a big hug and tells me everything will be OK.  Because sometimes we just have to wonder!
                                           YSL Tuxedo Look was a Little Missy Moment
Anyway, Randi and Christine are inspirations.  They are doing exactly what they want to be doing, and they are both glowing with a sense of happiness and confidence.  Very Little Missy.  Be in the moment, not of the moment.  Yes, it's true, they may have had some advantages, but Randi and Christine grabbed hold and took off in the moment.  Plus they are super cute, and we love that!  Pinterest and apps!  The social media!  What is not to love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learning About Fashion Rodarte Spring Summer 2011, photographed at Stanford University for Electric Fashion, the book I wrote with F...