Friday 29 March 2013

Little Missy's Health and Beauty Tips for Men and Women
29 March 2013
                                        Jawbone UP Bracelet--What Are You Waiting For?

It can't be all getaways and far flung travels.  Sometimes we just need to sit back and re-evaluate our lifestyle.  Little Missy knows. C'est ennuyeux.  But sometimes it is Good for us!  I have been falling into bad health practises, like not getting enough sleep, exercise or quelle horreur, bad nutrition.  But I have been watching French movies on television, and corresponding with Mr. Jacques of ModeWalk.  Which doesn't count as nutrition, but has added to my repertoire of foreign expressions.
Salted Chocolate has been my deepest low, and well, my soaring high.  What will they think of next? Deep fried alfalfa sprouts and French fries?  Package it in a chic manner and I am a big sucker for it.  Sea Salt Escape Chocolates from Ghirardelli were my downfall.  Now they are my reward for being more healthy.


And to that effect, Joni got me a Jawbone UP Bracelet.  Mine is a chic turquoise colour, but you can get black.  I don't recommend other colours.  UP tracks how many steps you have taken and how many hours you have slept.  I am supposed to sleep eight hours and walk 10,000 steps each day to maintain optimal health.  The bracelet plugs into your iPhone and once you have got the UP app you are set.  Yesterday my UP app told me I had walked more than a person going back and forth on the Golden Gate Bridge!  What a cool app!  Little Missy approves this devise for men and women!  It's fun, harmless, a little narcissistic and very modern.  As soon as I finish my post I will have to set foot down to University Avenue and back and then I will have met my daily goal.  Fun!  Really! Get one!

A good way to do the most important thing we can do to avoid stress, a killer, is to Relax.  Meditate and have massages.  Meditation is kind of hard.  You don't go to meditation.  It comes to you.  Turning off the chatty mind is just about the most difficult thing to do in the world.  But if I can do it,  you can do it.  I don't think you need a big fancy expensive Hollywood mantra.  But you might need some guidance.   I envision  the sun inside of my belly.  You can also envision the moon or a crystal, but being from California, I am staying with the sun.  My second favourite song in the world is The Warmth of the Sun by the Beach Boys.  Try singing it sometimes.  You won't be able to.  It is too complicated.  Can you imagine a genius like Brian Wilson growing up in Hawthorne, California?  Here was this guy, hearing fugues and symphonies in his head while those planes were roaring overhead into and out of LAX.  Is it any wonder he went berserk?  He is my hero.  I'll bet he meditates.  So here is another idea--stay far from airports when you can. Even if you are a world traveller!  Massage is easier.  It is such a large industry now in major cities.  Just let it all go, and feel relief from a good therapist.  You know what I am talking about. Just Do It.  Before I get into specific tips for men and women, I just want to add that if you can make someone else feel good, your generosity will come back to you a million times fold.  Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.  The truth.  Little Missy tries to live by this and fails once in a while.  But tries.

Now it's time for Men's Grooming:
The trend is now for men to have beards.  My son Michael has one, Freddie has one, Brodie has one, and this means that the three best looking men I know all have beards!  So men, keep your beards soft and trimmed.  No one likes scruffy beards, and by that I mean Little Missy doesn't like them.  Scruffy, that is.  Smell clean.  This means take a shower or bath each day.  And then there are products that are great for men's skin.  Most important are sun block and Retin A.
 
Sisley's Eye and Lip Contour Balm should be in every man's toilet kit.
Don't have baggy pants and jackets with vents!  That is ugly and old fashioned.  Of course you have to be in shape!  Get a Jawbone UP bracelet, like I have just said!  It helps!  Keep your hair well trimmed.  For heaven's sake, if you are going gray or going bald, embrace yourself!  You are fabulous and everyone knows it and you don't need to hide behind a hairpiece or some hair dye.

Now for Women's Beauty:
There sure is a double standard and we all know it, and Rome wasn't built in a day, so Little Missy cannot change too much in one epistle.  I'll just say what I have said before. Stay away from too much plastic surgery.  Use Retin A and sunblock.  Visit the best colourist you can afford and find your proper hair shade.  Keep your hair soft and lovely.  Go with either the smoky eye or the scarlet lips but not both.  Avoid hair extensions and fake nails. Sisley's Eye and Lip Contour Balm works for women too.  And try the Jawbone UP bracelet.  Get the turquoise one.  It's prettier.  Dance and laugh and swim and listen to music.  Be positive.  No one likes a Debbie Downer. Least of all Little Missy.  And keep fit and trim!

                               Rouge Automatique by Guerlain, Little Missy's New Secret.




Well, Easter weekend is here, and that means renewal.  Hope my tips have helped.  Now it's time for me to get cracking and get on that walk of mine.  Oh, and one last Little Missy tip:
SMILE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learning About Fashion Rodarte Spring Summer 2011, photographed at Stanford University for Electric Fashion, the book I wrote with F...